Calibrated Small Holes for Leak Testing and Measurement
Calibration of Leak Test Equipment
Oxford Lasers offer a fast, reliable method of calibrating leak test equipment by drilling small, calibrated leaks (micro holes) directly into product packaging.
Custom Drilling Service
Oxford Lasers have specialist knowledge in machining difficult materials and have been providing calibrated holes for leak test purposes for many years.
With the ability to directly drill into: glass ampoules, glass vials, pouches, syringes, aerosol spray cans, and blister packs. Oxford Lasers can drill glass up to 1mm thick with holes down to 5 microns. Blister packs; traditionally made from laminated foils, can also be easily drilled with a variety of hole sizes from 5 to 500 microns.
- standard and custom calibrated micro leaks by precision laser drill
- manufacture in a wide variety of materials and formats
- standard and custom pinhole manufacturing service
- Certificates of Conformity confirming hole size
- Materials : Metals / Polymers / Glass / Ceramics / Laminates
- Packaging Form : Blisterpacks, Ampoules, Vials, Aerosol Sprays and Standard Pinholes,
- Hole Sizes : 5 to 500 microns
- Material Thickness : 50 to 1,000 microns
- Calibration Accuracy * : available standards +/- 3, +/- 5, +/- 10 microns
* Dependent on material and thickness
We can assist you in validating a package’s ability to maintain integrity throughout the supply chain. Contact us for more Information.