Precision laser cutting is an attractive micromachining technique for most materials. The laser microcutting can achieve typically features down to 5 microns wide and up to 1.2 mm deep.
- cutting foils, films, micro-mechanical parts
- semiconductor wafers
- DNA micropins
- (bio)medical components/devices
- micro characters
- V grooves
- slits for scientific instrumentation
Wide variety of materials
Almost any type of material can be used for laser-cutting. Materials which can be machined include:
- metals: stainless steel, hardened steel, copper, aluminium, brass, tungsten, titanium
- ceramics: alumina, zirconia, machinable ceramics, green ceramics, PZT, silicon nitride, tungsten carbide
- super hard materials: diamond, silicon nitride, tungsten carbide
- plastics: polyimide, PTFE, PMMA, Kapton, Vespel, Cirlex, ABS
- glasses and crystaline materials: BK7, sapphire, fused silica
To request further information or discuss your requirements with an applications specialist please contact us.